1.Design Your Dress
At Design My Dress,
1. Pick a background that matches your wedding theme;
2. Mix and match between necklines, silhouettes and fabric-styles;
3. Add decor and sashes to the dress to make it your own; (*coming soon)
You can also check out our collections to get inspired!
We are continuously improving our dress creator with more design options and accessories but we know it isn’t perfect yet! If you have a specific design idea or style in mind and don’t see it in our creator, feel free to contact us. We will do our best to bring your dream dress to life!
2. Order and provide measurements
Once you feel confident with your dress, you can place an order (Every client will have to confirm the details of their design through our pre-order consulting).
- As we custom-make all of our dresses for the perfect fit, we need your measurements. You can choose from one of the following options:
- Measure yourself or have a friend measure you. (Please see how to take measurements for details);
- Visit a Bluethread partner boutique [stockists];
- Visit a local tailor or bridal store (extra fee might apply).
(We will normally check and confirm sizing with you if we see anything suspicious, but it is your responsibility to make sure the information you provide is correct.)
3. Midterm fitting
After we receive your measurements, we will begin to make the dress. The first step is to transform the design into an individual dress pattern. Normally, the patterning process takes 20-45 days depending on the complexity of the design. Following the sewing pattern, we will make a fitting corset in the same measurements of the real dress to confirm your size.
Bluethread fitting corset is a tool we designed to help double-check your size to guarantee the final dress will fit you perfectly. The corset and accompanying instructions will be shipped to you (or our local partner store you work with) in about 4-8 weeks after we receive your order.
(*For urgent cases with a shorter timeline than 2 months, Midterm fitting might be cancelled, and it will be the clients’ responsibility to make sure her measurements are 100% accurate.)
After this midterm fitting and another 100 quality-check steps [learn more about our craftsmanship], our professional gown seamstresses will make your custom - designed and sized dress to fit you nicely. (allowing you to save $300 or more on alterations!).
Normally, the whole process of patterning and tailoring takes about 10-14 weeks depending on the season. (Rush service within 2-month turnaround can be available for an extra urgent fee. Contact us for this.)
4. Confirm and EnjoyConfirm the order with your boutique and we will package it with care and ship it to you! It normally takes 10-14 days for shipping (standard shipping as default).
Enjoy your beautiful dress!